What is SMM in digital marketing?
If you think that we have heard about SEO, CRM, and many other acronyms in digital marketing but what is SMM, then you are in the right place.
Don’t worry, it’s not all educative posts, but it will give you knowledge and wisdom in the most definite way.
First of all, let’s break the acronym SMM stands for Sales and Marketing Management. Relax, guys, just kidding. SMM stands for Social Media Marketing. Duh! Right. I had the exact same expression when I learnt that it was just an acronym for social media. I thought it would be some big stuff.
Although SMM is a small abbreviation but holds ample space for marketing, why am I saying this, you may ask. Then I’ll ask you something, are you on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or Linked In or anywhere. If not, then, well, you are missing out on a lot of weird and interesting stuff out there. But if you are on social media,
then you know what I am talking about. Like you get news updates on social media before it comes on news channels. It’s that fast.
Now, why do we need SMM, you may ask. Simple, do you want clients or not. Then you need to be on social media; otherwise, how will you get the most out of the internet. Jeez, it’s 2021; if you’re not on social media, you are way behind. But don’t feel frightened. We’ll help you out.
- First, think about your business, its main motto and aim, and the X-factor about your company. Done? Great.
- In the second state, let’s make you legit by creating a fantastic user-friendly website for your firm. If you already have that, then you are already ahead of most people.
- Create your social media accounts, especially on platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Created?
- Now start making amazing and unique content for your social media. Or start a campaign that portrays your business aptly—also, done? Wow, you are great.
- Last but not least, conduct events like giveaways, shoutouts and quizzes with prices that’ll help you engage with your customers.
You must be thinking about the advantages and disadvantages. But first, kick away the disadvantage or negativity from this post. Because whatever you do, there are consequences which you’ll learn slowly once you step in. Let’s look at the advantages.
- You’ll have a broader audience.
- You’ll have a better ROI.
- You can generate leads.
- You can become famous with just one meme.
- Everyone will recognise your business.
- Clients will be more interactive.
- You can get live feedback.
You might think that your business is old and famous already and you don’t need it, but you are wrong. As time passes, you have to catch on with the trends; otherwise, you’ll fall behind. Stay up to date and update your profiles daily to increase engagement. And that’s what SMM does in marketing.